
As I approached the intersection, I looked up through streaked eyes and noticed a businessman, perhaps even a young father, walking towards me from the opposite direction. Our eyes met and I felt my lip break and for a moment, as he drew closer, I thought he might take me in his arms.
And he did. And I let him, the pair of us standing there on the corner in a silent embrace, his suit jacket scratching my cheek and absorbing the runoff from my wet face. Then with a tight squeeze, like punctuation, he gently freed himself and continued on, leaving me there to wonder if it had ever happened at all.
And he did. And I let him, the pair of us standing there on the corner in a silent embrace, his suit jacket scratching my cheek and absorbing the runoff from my wet face. Then with a tight squeeze, like punctuation, he gently freed himself and continued on, leaving me there to wonder if it had ever happened at all.
(Artist: unknown)

No comments:
Post a Comment